Con la fotocamera del cellulare scansiona il codice di seguito e scarica l'app Kindle.
Segui gli autori
Start Something That Matters Copertina rigida – 6 settembre 2011
Love your work, work for what you love, and change the world—all at the same time.
What matters most to you? Should you focus on earning a living, pursuing your passions, or devoting yourself to the causes that inspire you? The surprising truth is that you don’t have to choose—and that you’ll find more success if you don’t. That’s the breakthrough message of TOMS’ One for One movement. You don’t have to be rich to give back and you don’t have to retire to spend every day doing what you love. You can find profit, passion, and meaning all at once—right now.
In Start Something That Matters, Blake Mycoskie tells the story of TOMS, one of the fastest-growing shoe companies in the world, and combines it with lessons learned from such other innovative organizations as method, charity: water, FEED Projects, and TerraCycle. Blake presents the six simple keys for creating or transforming your own life and business, from discovering your core story to being resourceful without resources; from overcoming fear and doubt to incorporating giving into every aspect of your life. No matter what kind of change you’re considering, Start Something That Matters gives you the stories, ideas, and practical tips that can help you get started.
Why this book is for you:
• You’re ready to make a difference in the world—through your own start-up business, a nonprofit organization, or a new project that you create within your current job.
• You want to love your work, work for what you love, and have a positive impact on the world—all at the same time.
• You’re inspired by charity: water, method, and FEED Projects and want to learn how these organizations got their start.
• You’re curious about how someone who never made a pair of shoes, attended fashion school, or worked in retail created one of the fastest-growing footwear companies in the world by giving shoes away.
• You’re looking for a new model of success to share with your children, students, co-workers, and members of your community.
You’re ready to start something that matters.
In 2006, Blake Mycoskie founded TOMS Shoes with a simple business model: “With every pair you purchase, TOMS will give a pair of new shoes to a child in need. One for One.” In 2011, TOMS launched its second One for One product, TOMS Eyewear, which with every pair purchased helps give sight to a person in need by providing medical treatment, prescription glasses, or sight-saving surgery. Mycoskie will be using 50 percent of his proceeds from this book to create the Start Something That Matters Fund, which will support inspired readers in their efforts to make a positive impact on the world.
When Blake isn’t working at TOMS, he spends his time reading, writing, fly-fishing, and participating in just about every board sport.
- ASIN : 1400069181
- Editore : Spiegel & Grau (6 settembre 2011)
- Lingua : Inglese
- Copertina rigida : 189 pagine
- ISBN-10 : 9781400069187
- ISBN-13 : 978-1400069187
- Peso articolo : 381 g
- Dimensioni : 14.63 x 2.39 x 21.72 cm
- Recensioni dei clienti:
Informazioni sugli autori
Recensioni migliori da Italia
Al momento, si è verificato un problema durante il filtraggio delle recensioni. Riprova più tardi.
Le recensioni migliori da altri paesi
So to repeat a very good and life affirming book.
But that's not why you should read it.
What got me was his firm belief that businesses has a responsibility to contribute socially, heck even charitably, not only by his business exemplifying the very possibility of doing so, but that he goes all out to show you how you could build your own business incorporating social good while not forgetting the cornerstones of a business startup; marketing well, being resourceful and how one builds a strong team.
If it pulls your strings somewhere to start something of your own, while giving something back, please do yourself a favour and read it!