Autori simili da seguire
Gestisci i seguendo
I clienti hanno anche acquistato articoli di
Eliminate avoidable toxins, mitigate the effects of those you can’t avoid, and enjoy a longer life with this essential health guide from a pioneer in integrative medicine, Dr. Joe Pizzorno—the author, teacher, practitioner, and founder of Bastyr University, the country’s first and largest fully accredited university of natural medicine.
Dr. Joe Pizzorno is convinced that lifelong good health rests on two key determinants: your exposure to toxins and your ability to process them in your body. While lifestyle, diet, and genetics all play a major role in well-being, many symptoms of declining health and chronic disease are rooted in toxic overload—our exposure to a barrage of chemicals, heavy metals, radiation, electromagnetic frequencies, and pollution that are the byproducts of modern life. While the human body has an innate capacity to detoxify, it cannot cope with the elevated levels of toxins we are exposed to today. Most alarmingly, this toxic overload has helped transform once rare diseases into epidemics affecting people of all ages.
In The Toxin Solution, Dr. Pizzorno provides the proven detox and tailored methods he has developed to heal toxic overload and restore health in just eight weeks. With this essential guide you will learn how to:
- Avoid toxins in food and the products you use;
- Mend your gut and prepare for detox;
- Support your body in releasing the chemicals;
- Repair some of the damage toxins have caused.
Fortunately, our bodies have a tremendous capacity for healing and recovery. With The Toxin Solution you will discover how releasing and avoiding toxins can help you to feel better today—and every day for the rest of your life.
From the world-renowned naturopathic doctors and bestselling authors of The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods comes the authoritative third edition of the classic reference work, revised and expanded to include the latest cutting-edge natural therapies for the most common ailments. Michael Murray and Joseph Pizzorno focus on promoting health and treating disease with nontoxic, natural therapies. This groundbreaking book—the leader in its field—shows you how to improve your health through a positive mental attitude, a healthy lifestyle, a health-promoting diet, and supplements, along with plenty of practical tips.
Murray and Pizzorno present an evidence-based approach to wellness, based on firm scientific findings. They aim to dispel the notion that natural medicine isn’t “real medicine,” offering examples and studies that show the efficacy of a holistic approach to patient care. This book grounds the reader in the seven major tenets of natural medicine and covers important topics in health care today, including cancer prevention, detoxification, and internal cleansing. Written in an easy-to-follow A–Z format, The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine offers holistic approaches for treating more than 80 common ailments, including diabetes, celiac disease, endometriosis, and more. Furthermore, it gives you:
-Ways to prevent disease through enhancing key body systems
-The major causes and symptoms of each condition
-The therapeutic considerations you need to be aware of
-Detailed treatment summaries that include the most effective nutritional supplements and botanical medicines
And much more
This groundbreaking text is a perfect introduction to the world of natural medicine, providing clear guidance in the use of the best natural remedies for all kinds of illnesses, big and small. The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine is a valuable health reference and essential reading for anyone seeking to better their health.
DID YOU KNOW?
A cancer-related checkup is recommended every 3 years for people aged 20 to 40 and every year for people aged 40 or older.
A high dietary intake of vitamin C has been shown to significantly reduce the risk of death from heart attacks and strokes, as well as all other causes including cancer.
Many clinical and experimental studies have clearly demonstrated that stress, personality, attitude, and emotion are etiologic or contributory in suppressing the immune system as well as leading to the development of many diverse diseases.
Regular exercise has been demonstrated to provide benefit to individuals with immunodeficiency diseases, particularly through stress alleviation and mood enhancement.
Melatonin exerts significant anticancer effects, especially against breast cancer. Vitamin E not only improves insulin action, it also exerts a number of beneficial effects when taken at dosages ranging from 400 to 800 IU, which may aid in preventing the long-term complications of diabetes.
Find out all of this and more in The Encyclopedia of Natural Medicine!
Covering preventive, non-invasive, and natural treatments, Textbook of Natural Medicine, 4th Edition offers more than just alternative medicine. It promotes an integrated practice that can utilize natural medicine, traditional Western medicine, or a combination of both in a comprehensive, scientific treatment plan. Based on a combination of philosophy and clinical studies, Textbook of Natural Medicine helps you provide health care that identifies and controls the underlying causes of disease, is supportive of the body's own healing processes, and is considerate of each patient's unique biochemistry. Internationally known authors Joseph Pizzorno and Michael Murray include detailed pharmacologic information on herbs and supplements, plus evidence-based coverage of diseases and conditions to help you make accurate diagnoses and provide effective therapy.
- Comprehensive, unique coverage makes this book the gold standard in natural medicine.
- A scientific presentation includes the science behind concepts and treatments, and discusses Western medical treatments and how they can work with natural medicine in a comprehensive treatment plan; if natural medicine is not effective, this book recommends the Western treatment.
- Coverage of pharmacology of natural medicines includes the uses and potential dangers of nearly 80 herbal medicines, special nutrients, and other natural agents, addressing topics such as general information, chemical composition, history, pharmacology, clinical applications dosage, and toxicology.
- In-depth, evidence-based coverage of 73 diseases and conditions includes key diagnostic criteria, pathophysiology of diseases, and therapeutic rationales.
- Coverage of potential interactions between drugs, herbs, and supplements ensures the safest possible use for each of 79 herbs and supplements.
- Diagnostic procedures include practical, easy-to-follow descriptions of evidence-based techniques plus discussions of clinical application of diet analysis, food allergy testing, immune function assessment, fatty acid profiling, hair mineral analysis, and other diagnostic approaches.
- Common therapeutic modalities are described and reviewed, including botanical medicine, nutritional therapy, therapeutic fasting, exercise therapy, hydrotherapy, counseling, acupuncture, homeopathy, and soft tissue manipulation.
- Coverage of syndromes and therapies helps in understanding the underlying causes of diseases by discussing topics such as food reactions, functional toxicology, sports nutrition, stress management, and breathing pattern disorders.
- Coverage of the philosophy of natural medicine includes its history and background, with discussions of toxicity, detoxification, and scientific documentation of the healing actions of nature and natural substances.
- Internationally known authors Joseph Pizzorno and Michael Murray and more than 90 expert contributors provide material that is up to date, accurate, and informed.
- More than 10,000 research literature citations show that the content is based on science rather than opinions or anecdotes.
- 13 useful appendices offer quick lookup of frequently used charts, handouts, and information.
As countless studies have affirmed, diet plays a major role in both provoking and preventing a wide range of diseases. But just what is a healthy diet? What does the body need to stay strong and get well? In The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods, Michael T. Murray, N.D., and Joseph Pizzorno, N.D., two of the world¹s foremost authorities on nutrition and wellness, draw on an abundant harvest of research to present the best guide available to healthy eating.
Make healthy eating a lifetime habit.
Let The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods teach you how to:
- design a safe diet
- use foods to stimulate the body¹s natural ability to rejuvenate and heal
- discover the role that fiber, enzymes, fatty acids, and other dietary components
- have in helping us live healthfully
- understand which food prescriptions will help you safely treat more than 70 specific ailments, including acne, Alzheimer¹s disease, immune system depression, insomnia, migraine headaches, PMS, and rheumatoid arthritis
- prepare foods safely in order to prevent illness and maximize health benefits
- select, store, and prepare all kinds of healthful foods
Providing the best natural remedies for everyday aches and pains, as well as potent protection against serious diseases, The Encyclopedia of Healing Foods is a required daily health reference.
- Expert authorship lends credibility to information.
- Scientifically verified content assures the most reliable coverage of diagnostic and natural treatment methods.
- Over 80 algorithms synthesize therapeutic content and provide support for your clinical judgment with a conceptual overview of case management.
- The book's compact size makes it portable for easy reference in any setting.
- A consistent organization saves you time and helps you make fast, accurate diagnoses.
- 12 NEW chapters enhance your treatment knowledge and understanding with information on important and newly emerging treatments and areas of interest, including:
- Hair Loss in Women
- Hyperventilation Syndrome
- Infectious Diarrhea
- Intestinal Protozoan Infestation
- Lichen Planus
- Parkinson's Disease
- Proctological Conditions
- Uterine Fibroids
- Each chapter is fully updated to reflect the content of the latest edition of Pizzorno's Textbook of Natural Medicine and keep you current on the safest and most effective natural interventions.